Thee Incredible Weirdness of Being

0 Conversations

First up, non-humatons who inhabit the Matrix:

  • Semi-humaton - one who sees problems with society, but still tries to integrate with it. Complains but generally does nothing.
  • Culturalist - one who assumes that the only valid forms of entertainment are those written by long dead people, and must contain hidden meanings. These people are those that find allegorical references in The Lord of the Rings, despite the fact that Tolkein was
    insistent that there were none. His primary aim seems to have been merely to create a new mythology. Culturalists reject outright the view that video games might be something more than a childish distraction.
  • Matrix warrior - one who, though still part of the Matrix, fights against it to bring about change, or to escape.
  • Matrix sorcerer - one who is outside the Matrix (society) and helps to bring others out. Signified in the movie by Trinity and Morpheus. Real life ones include Genesis P-Orridge, Richard Metzger, Timothy Leary, and possibly Michael Moore.
  • Lucid - one totally outside the Matrix, who has achieved a state of gnosis on all things physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and cosmic. Signified in the movie by Neo. Real life examples include Šri Krshna, Siddharta Guatama, Zarathustra, Yeshua ben Yoseph,
    Muhammad bin Aminah, Mani, Rudolf Steiner, Aleister Crowley, Gerald Gardner, and Neale Donald Walshe. Helena Blavatsky should perhaps also be included here.
  • Agent - one who works to suppress all originality and perpetuate the Matrix, often for its own good rather than theirs. They often do not realize this. Independent thought is lethal to them.
  • Controller - one who is in charge of the Matrix. Almost always very rich. For bitter or for wars, these people are becoming fewer, while their wealth and power is becoming greater.

Now, we know everything about the Matrix except for one critical detail: Who created it? We could easily blame big business, but the Matrix existed before them. We could also blame organized religion, but religion's aims are ultimately good; also, many religions around nowadays are either unaware of their feeding the Matrix, or in some cases they actually attempt to work against it. The true creator of the matrix is: Ahriman.

Most of you are probably asking the same question: Who? A few may ask: What does the Zoroastrian devil have to do with the Matrix? Ahriman is the name that the Persian prophet Zarathustra (aka Zoroaster) gave to the evil god, who worked in direct opposition to the True God™ Ahura Mazda. Ahriman seems to have been the progenitor of the Judeo-Christo-Muslim Satan.

In the middle of the twentieth century, the philosopher Rudolf Steiner took some elements of Theosophy, Buddhism, and Neopaganism, and combined them with his own form of rediscovered, somewhat esoteric Christianity to form a new religion/theology/philosophy known as Anthroposphy, also called Spiritual Science. In it, there are two main forces of evil, Lucifer and Ahriman. Good is merely the middle path between the two extremes. Anthroposphy tells us that Earth moves through seven astrological ages. It has gone through the sun, moon, Mercury, and Saturn ages, and is now in the Earth age. Next up is the Jupiter age. These are merely of astrological significance, and does not imply that we will actually be changing planets any time soon. Ahriman seeks for humanity to become totally materialistic and for their souls to remain attached to the planet forever; if we do not move into the new Jupiter (a far more spiritual age) in time, then Earth will become a ball of cosmic slag and the souls attached to it will slowly sink into oblivion. He achieves this via the Matrix. Lucifer1, meanwhile, wants us to become completely mental and emotional beings, in a dark spiritual planet of his own design. Neither of these are ultimately evil by themselves, but are only evil when thrown out of proportion. It is the job of Christ to show us the middle path, to keep the two opposing forces in balance and bend them to the will of God. Pagans had been doing this for some time before organized religion, with the best of intentions but under the influence of Ahriman, slaughtered them. While Lucifer and Ahriman both oppose spiritual evolution, they are necessary for it to occur, as without someone to stand in your way, to test you, you cannot truly grow.

As well as all of this, Steiner said that there was a fourth being, directly opposed to Christ, who seeks to keep Lucifer and Ahriman out of balance and prevent humans from reaching the next evolutionary level. This entity is known as Sorat, and seems to have been crucified in Mexico at about the same time as Jesus was crucified in Palestine.

This is my last (for now) column exclusively on the Matrix. Next week, I'll bring you some myths and facts about the Columbine High School Massacre, or maybe the US election.

Until we meet again, my friend, this is Hussassan, signing off.

Thee Incredible Weirdness of Being Archive

Hussassan

04.11.04 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Who I call Choronzon, as that is the name given to him by the Enochian angels. They say that that is his true name.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A3219978

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more