Agony Aunt

2 Conversations


This week dear readers I am not answering a question, instead I am asking one of my own. This is something I have asked before now but would like to hear your thoughts on this sad subject.

Why do people purchase or receive for free pets that they do not really want? They must not want them because they never pay attention to them. I see these people who own cats but never go near them or allow them into their home. They own dogs but keep them in a small pen never thinking about the heat and how miserable it makes the poor thing.

I mention this because down the road from me is the sweetest most gentle dog I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. This dog is meant for cold climates, he is covered in long thick fur. Never once has this dog, to my knowledge, been bathed or groomed. Never has this dog been allowed inside (even during the worst of heats). Never have I seen the first person that lives in this house play with this dog. It just wanders from one end of his pen to the other . What makes me even sadder is that this is not a freak occurrence, it happens all the time. You do not have to look far to see a pet being ignored. So tell me, why do people have pets they do not want? If they treat their pets this way how must they treat their fellow man?


AA



05.06.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A351820

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more