Ice

5 Conversations



What is Ice?


Ice is the solid form of water, and other, but not all, types of liquid elements.
Commonly, Ice is the solid form of water when the word "Ice" is thought of. Ice is a very useful resource.

How is Ice used?

Use with Refreshments


One way Ice is used is to create some yourself, and put it in drinkable liquid, to chill the liquid.(Many people if you think about it, may find this odd, that putting a solid form of a liquid inside of itself is strange, however, it is useful.)


Recreation


Ice can be used for recreational purpose as well, such as Ice Skating and Ice Sculpting.


What are the Advantages / Disadvantages?


Ice has MANY various disadvantages. One is that Ice melts.
This is unfortunate for people who drink different liquids with Ice. When the Ice melts, it turns back into it's original form, and mixes with the substance that person is drinking.

Advantage - Say you're drinking something like Iced Tea. Using the methoid of freezing your iced tea drink, into ice cubes, you can refill your glass with the "Ice" tea after it melts.

Dis-Advantage - Say you are drinking Soda with Ice in it, when the Ice melts, it alters the taste of the Soda you are drinking.

What is the freezing point of water, to become ice?


The freezing point of water to become ice is...

Fahrenheit 32°
Celsius
Kelvin* 273



Closing and Other Statements


Obviously, Ice does not always have to be the solid form of water though. Ice can be created by freezing other liquids as well. Which makes sense in some cases, but sometimes, not in others. It would be a lot better to have the frozen liquid you are drinking,
to put in that liquid you are currently drinking, which would make a lot more sense if people would realize that.

Although, when you think about it, almost all liquids drinkable, contain water in them, which of course goes back to the common though when we think about Ice itself: Frozen Water.

Links to edited guide entries on ICE or Relating to ICE


A970733 - Frost fairs
A756047 - Icehotel, Jukkasjarvi, Sweden
A793659 - Iced Tea without boiling water
A283240 - Why we slip on Ice



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A355060

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more