Focus on Peer Review

1 Conversation


The Edited Guide is a huge part of H2G2 and it provides people with hours of education, fun and argument. However, to get into the Edited Guide, every entry has to go through PeerReview. Here your entry is looked at by loads of people who then help make it the best it can be before, hopefully, a scout comes and recommends it for the Edited Guide!


Your Peer Review Needs You!


Peer Review always needs new reviewers. It's not hard, you don't have to be hot on spelling and grammar, or know quantum physics. All you need is to be willing to read entries from hopeful Edited Guide researchers.


To help you get started, every week or so we're going to give you a list of a few new entries that have hit Peer Review. This way you can see what's new without trawling through lists. If you're an author and your entry isn't in this list then don't despair, reviewers will find it in a jiffy.

Not sure what to say in Peer Review after you’ve read an entry? Here are some ideas:


  • What do you like best about the entry? It’s great for authors to get to hear what really works, not just where the problems are!

  • Are there pieces of the entry that you don’t understand? Let the author know!

  • Can you think of additional pieces of information that would help make the entry more complete? Share your knowledge!

  • Do you see any errors in the entry? Help make the entry as polished as possible before it hits the Front Page!


If you’re still stuck for ideas, try taking a look at what other researchers have said in the thread.


Hopefully these have given you a taste for reading over the weekend now. Reviewing can be fun and easy and you can always find something to interest you. It's not just for scouts either, it's for everyone. So get down to Peer Review today and help build our Edited Guide

Focus on Peer Review Archive

Kat

31.03.05 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A3845513

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more