Take5

0 Conversations

Well hello everybody, I'm back! Did you all miss me over the past couple of weeks? Every day five or more newly approved entries are recommended on the h2g2 Main Page. These go by unnoticed to most users as they focus around their own page. This weekly article points out and reviews the most entertaining and interesting entries of the week, as far as I'm concerned anyway. My tastes do not reflect yours in any way and feel free to have completely different ideas from mine; it is, after all, a free country.

  • Dogs Ever wondered why your friend's stupid, flea ridden mutt likes to lick your face or chew your leg off. Well it's probabley fairly obvious but, if your unsure, have a look here. A nice little entry on mans best friend.

  • Improvisational Games Always good for a laugh are these. If you have never seen the television show you haven't lived. This entry highlights a few of the funnier games that can be played at parties.

  • Pusser's Rum Now this sounds like my kind of drink... lethal. Has a couple of ways to drink it and a drinking song for after you have got totally wasted on this stuff.

  • Robot Wars UK Fancy a bit of harmless mechanised violence? Then this is the entry for you; a good, detailed entry on the BBC programme. On a personal note I did try to enter this show once myself, however the price of building my mecanical warrior was going to be huge. I now cannot help feeling sorry for those people who have spent a fortune only to see it turned into scrap metal.

  • Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) Now this is quite interesting and, been a hypocondriac, I'm sure I suffer from it. So, if you're ever depressed on a dark gloomy day this could be the reason. Worth a look.

  • Sex and the Average Teenager If you're an old duffer like me then you've already been there, done that, got the T-Shirt. But I know a lot of you on h2g2 are still teenagers and even though I may sound like a sad adult, there is bound to be something in this entry for you, even though teenagers know everything and don't need advice from the olds :)

  • The Benefits of Going Bald Now I may only be 26, but Mother Nature has been cruel enough to me not only to make me a shortarse, but also to make me start to lose my hair stupidly early. So this entry is just what I needed to stop worrying about losing my mop (Hell I sound like a commercial) If you're in the same boat as me look here, it may change your life.

  • The Green Flash - a Researcher's Vision No, it's not a perverts trick with food colouring, but a rather clever trick of light which you need to be very lucky to see. If you're into astronomy this will be of interest.

  • The Simpsons If you haven't heard of the Simpsons you're either dead or lived in a cave all your life. This is a brilliant show and TV's Frink has done an excellent job on this entry. Well worth a look.

  • Tips for the Game of Scrabble Fed up with everyone beating you at Scrabble? Then this may help you get the edge over the competition.


Shorty


24.07.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A400203

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more