Talking Point: Vanity and the Knife

24 Conversations

A woman standing behind an open book

In a perfect world we'd all be beautiful, or would we? Wouldn't the world be a boring place if we all had pert little noses and perfect boobs or pecs?

So why is plastic surgery so popular? Should we try to change our god-given features? Are we all too vain?

Tell us what you think.

  • Are supermodels too thin?
  • Is there an idealised view of beauty?
  • When does the need for plastic surgery become an obsession?
  • Under what circumstances is it acceptable to go under the knife?
  • Is personality really more important than first impressions?
  • What can we do to avoid going under the surgeon's blade?
  • What would you have done?
  • Why are some people so vain?
You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you, don't you, don't you? ...

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A432442

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more