End Of The World

6 Conversations

So, I am trying to get back to sleep after my 9 month old has awakened me at 1 AM. During this precious, while trying to regain unconsciousness, is when I have the most brilliant and most bizarre thoughts. It was at this time that I realized that the end of the world (according to h2g2) is going to occur on October 7, 2010. Now, this may have been a widely known fact, but it has just occured to me, therefore I'm going to write about it as if it is a fresh new idea.

The train of thought goes as follows:
* January 01, 2001 will be coming up soon and it will be somewhat of
a binary date (01/01/01).
* The binary for 42 is 101010.
* October 10, 2010 - Very interesting. (This date lands on a Sunday).
* It would come to reason that if Deep Thought created Earth to
compute the Ultimate Question to Life, the Universe and Everything
and...
that numbers pretty much rule the universe,
then...
the Ultimate Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything, which is
numeric, would play some part in computing the Ultimate Question.
* The Earth was destroyed on a Thursday, three days prior to the
completion of the computation.
* If October 10, 2010 (10/10/10) is on a Sunday, then three days
prior to this date in October 7, 2010 (a Thursday)

Now, is this some kind of mad coincidence?...

Did Mr. Adams plan this?...

Is he trying to pull a Prince "1999" stunt? (Making this date highly anticipated)...

The End Is Near

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A432776

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more