Baked Spaghetti Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Baked Spaghetti

3 Conversations

Baked spaghetti is a great way to impress your girlfriend, boyfriend, or anyone else who may otherwise have a fairly low opinion of your ability to prepare food. It looks like a complicated Italian meal. But in reality, it's just a sneaky way to whip something up quickly... and of course, it's tasty!

Ingredients

  • Spaghetti (approximately 4 servings)
  • Spaghetti sauce (1 - 2 jars)
  • Shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese (approximately 4 cups)
  • Oregano
  • Sliced pepperoni sausage (optional)
  • Sliced mushrooms (optional)

Method

  1. Cook spaghetti as directed on packet.

  2. Heat up sauce, and add oregano to taste.

  3. Add some mushrooms, pepperoni, or whatever else inspires you, depending on how low you believe your guests' opinion of your ability to cook might be.

  4. Pour a thin layer of sauce into the bottom of a lasagne pan, and add cooked spaghetti.

  5. Pour the rest of sauce over spaghetti, and cover with cheese.

  6. Place in an oven at 350°F (roughly 175°C or Gas Mark 4), until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.

  7. Allow to set for ten minutes before eating.

Ingredients may be adjusted according to taste; if you like sauce, cheese or oregano, put more in.

The absolute best way to cook baked spaghetti is in individual spaghetti bake pans, but a lasagne pan is the next best alternative.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A442766

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more