Cavendish Beach, Prince Edward Island, Canada Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Cavendish Beach, Prince Edward Island, Canada

2 Conversations

The beach at Cavendish, Prince Edward Island, Canada is a perfect symbol of the best of what the island province has to offer. It is beautiful. It's peaceful. It's clean. It's safe. It's soothing in ways you can't imagine; in ways you couldn't have imagined you needed soothing.

Cavendish beach is miles of gently rolling red sand, which tapers to a temperate blue sea. There is nothing wild about Prince Edward Island or its famous beach. No one has ever been eaten while playing in the surf; and there is still enough of the mighty Saint Laurence River in the seawater that your skin isn't turned to parchment by the brine. It is a serenely beautiful place. The sunsets are not to be believed, and are never to be forgotten.

The sand, the sea, the sunsets, and the famous Green Gables cottage (birthplace of Lucy Maud Mongomery and inspiration for Anne of Green Gables) are why Cavendish beach is an essential part of the Japanese Grand Tour, and why Cavendish beach ranks among the world's best.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Edited Entry

A444377

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Edited by

h2g2 Editors

References

h2g2 Entries

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more