Let's talk about text... - (UG)

1 Conversation

Official UnderGuide Entry

He and she were sitting together one evening. He could tell there was a problem, but that she didn't want to talk about it. So he asked...

He: "What are you thinking about?"

She: "Oh, nothing."

He: "Come on, it's something. What is it?"

She: "Well, it's about... text."

He: "Oh, not again."

She: "Don't be like that. You don't understand. Women need text. It's a fundamental fact of life."

He: "Surely you don't want texts ALL the time?"

She: "Well, yes, actually. I do. When we first started seeing each other, we had loads of texts. It seemed like I was getting a little buzz every half an hour. I thought you were a total text machine."

He: "But there's more to life than just text, text and more text."

She: "That's easy for you to say, because you don't really care about texts. You don't even really need texts."

He: "No, hang on, that's not fair. Anyway, sometimes I send out textual messages and don't get a response."

She: "Gimme a break. I can't always pick up those signals, and in any case, I'm not ALWAYS turned on."

He: "I like text though. I like text with you."

She: "Obviously not as much as I do. It used to be thirty or forty times a day, now it's down to once or twice a week."

He: "Well, that's about the average amount of text for people who've been going out as long as we have."

She: "I don't give a damn about the average. I want more text."

He: "That's all you ever think about, is text."

She: "Only because I'm not GETTING any."

He: "But men want text to MEAN something, not just casual text. And if you stopped pestering me I'd be more inclined to do it."

She: "If you did it more, I wouldn't have to pester you. "

He: "But you always want disgusting, kinky texts, all that SMS stuff, and I just want normal text. You pervert."

She: "I'm not a pervert. It's perfectly normal. What's not normal is your aversion to text. I think we should see a text therapist."

He: "I'm not discussing our text life with a stranger!"

She: "In that case, you can just shove it up your arse!"

He: "No way! That's where I draw the line. I am NOT doing anal text."


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A4447640

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Edited by

h2g2 Editors

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more