Just for Fun

0 Conversations

Phew... ~grin~... don't these weeks roll round!!! No sooner have I got one week sorted out, then a new one is just around the corner. If it wasn't such fun then I would be tearing my hair out... Well maybe not



IT'S A WRAP


The weekly quiz, based on Film. The names of the researchers who send in all the correct answers will be published in next weeks Post. All answers Must be in by Friday 17th November 2000.


DEEP BLUE SEA


The best underwater shocker since Jaws!!!!
  1. What is the name of the floating labratory?
  2. What kind of sharks were genetically enhanced?
  3. How many enhanced sharks were in the film?
  4. Who directed the film?
  5. Which of the following didn't star in the film.
    LL Cool J, Samuel L. Jackson or Pamela Anderson


The answers to last weeks question and a list of researchers with all correct answers, can be found below.


JOKE OF THE WEEK


A family was travelling on vacation when they came across a petting zoo. The children asked if they could stop, and the parents said okay.


At the zoo, they saw and touched many animals and had a great time. While driving to their next vacation stop the father noticed the kids playing with something. He asked, "What have you kids got back there?"


The children then produced a very cute baby skunk. The father was horrified because he realized that they had taken this skunk from the zoo. To teach his kids a lesson he told them that if they got caught they could go to jail for this. While he was reprimanding his children he hadn't noticed that he was speeding and had just gone through a speed trap. When the police car came after him he thought
that they must have found out about the skunk and that was why they were stopping him. He told the kids to keep quiet and give the skunk to their mother. He then told her to hide the skunk.


She said, "Where am I going to hide it?"


The father said to put it under her dress and hold it between her legs until the police left.


She said, "But it stinks!"

The father replied, "Well, can't you just hold his little nose?"

NAME THAT SONG


Each week I will print a quote from a song, all you have to do is guess the title of the song and who sang it. Answers will be published in next weeks Post. This one is 'Just For Fun' folks, so don't E-Mail me the answers.


This weeks quote:-



'I got all the symptoms, Count 'em 1, 2, 3'


BEST ON THE WEB


Every week I try to show you a page on the web that has got to win an award somewhere, even it is 'The Oddest Web Page on the Net Award'. So if you know a web page that I should check out for inclusion in this section, then e-mail me and let me know. Remember to keep it clean folks...



Ever have trouble finding something to rhyme with a word in your head? Then why not check this site out... It's called the RhymeZone...

CLICK HERE


LETTERS TO THE CAT


Now some of the best letters sent in this week, keep them coming in folks.

Some letters may be edited due to space limitations



Greebo,

I have some questions for you.


If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

Why isn't 11 pronounced onety one?

Why is it that if someone tells you that there are 1 billion stars in the universe you will believe them, but if they tell you a wall has wet paint you will have to touch it to be sure?

When cheese gets it's picture taken, what does it say?



Ernie Coalscuttle Junior


I am not good at answering question maybe some of our readers can help...

Greebs



Dear Greebs

Here is a clipping received at one of the Y2K organisations in Zambia:


Extracted from a note from the Zambia GTA (Government Telecommunication Agency)


Y2K Project Manager to the GTA IT Directory.


" I hope I haven't misunderstood your instructions. Because to be honest none of this Y to K problem makes any sense to me. At any rate, I have finished converting all the "Y's" to "K's" for all the months on all the company calendars so that the year 2000 is ready to go with the following
new months:


Januark


Februark


Mak


Julk


I'm sure you'll be pleased that the project has been completed well in advance of the target completion date.


Yes, in Zambia we are now 100% Y2K compliant. "


Ivor Biggun.


Is this true? I mean about the name Ivor!!!
Greebs


NEWS FROM AROUND THE WORLD


A new feature in 'Just For Fun'... News that I think you should know about...


Gov. Mel Carnahan, whose popularity increased following his death, won the U.S. Senate race in Missouri, ousting Republican John Ashcroft. He is the first dead man to win a U.S. Senate seat.

Following Carahan's death, which came too late to replace his name on the ballot, Roger Wilson, who succeeded Carnahan as governor, pledged to appoint Carnahan's widow, Jean, should the dead governor win the election.

--------------------------------


Arnold Schwarzenegger says Hollywood should cut back on violent images.

Whilst promoting his new movie "The 6th Day," Schwarzenegger said that he doesn't want his children "watching incredible violence."

His new movie, which opens November 17th is rated PG-13, reportedly after he insisted the producers tone down the violence and the language.

The big guy's new emphasis on kinder, gentler action movies could face a stiff challenge next year, when he films the third installment of the "Terminator" series. Both "The Terminator" and "T2: Judgment Day" were rated 18 (R).


THE WINNERS and LAST WEEK'S ANSWERS

Alas no winners this week... But nice try for all those that entered, better luck this week guys...


It's A Wrap Answers
  1. 3
  2. Steven Spielberg
  3. Micheal Crichton
  4. Tim
  5. David Attenborough

Name That Song Answers


Starman by David Bowie


AND FINALLY



Send your quiz answers, jokes, letters and anything else to me here:-
Greebo T. Cat


Please Write 'JUST FOR FUN' in the Subject Line, or your letter may be overlooked.


Thanks again everyone...

Greebs

13.11.00. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A470468

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more