Take 5

0 Conversations

Every day five new approved entries are recommended on the h2g2 Main Page. These go by unnoticed to most users as they focus around their own page. This weekly article points out the best entries of the week... oh how many of them there are!

  • The Unknown is an entry that should be read with caution as it may cause a mild headache if you try to understand it! Written with a style of humour which can only be described as in 'pun' form, it should be able to raise a smile - if not a smirk. Amazing what a paradox 'The Unknown' can be.

  • The Bagels is an excellent entry covering every possible aspect of bagels without getting dreary. It is advisable to have a ready access to a bagel, as this entry easily arouses an appetite for bagels. Mmmmm...Bagels...

  • Oh yea! Oh yea! 'Tis the festive season and yonder lie the Christmas 'smiliesThe Twelve Days of Christmas entry has, yet again, been the centre piece of recommendations this week. As the week progressed, the accompanying pictures became stranger and stranger - inspired by some of the ideas in the entries, of course!

  • Exmouth, Devon, UK is the first 'place-describing' entry I've reviewed that I can safely recommend. It is highly amusing but somewhat demotes the place. If you are ever ill-fated enough to find yourself in good ol' Exmouth, this guide will serve you well. Remember to carry your WAP phone with you!.

  • Wasps describes the creatures perfectly and provides excellent tips on how to avoid them. I really wish it said whether wasp stings are acidic or alkali... then we would know when rubbing vinegar on them is really such a good idea.

Other good entries worth a look are:

  • Attention Spans... revealing exactly how short... what? No, I don't want anchovies!

  • Courage... attempting to explain this concept our soci**y has developed, but might baffle rather than explain.

  • Peaked Caps ...uncovering the dangers of these caps and the real danger of the army

  • Root Cellars ...finally, a good guide explaining how they work and tips on creating them

  • Netball ...a thorough explanation of the sport which has been such a mystery to me 'til now

Other articles worth a mention this week are:

Once again, I wish you all a wonderful Christmas, Kwanzaa and/or Ramadan. See you in the next millennium - assuming our computers will still be working then!.


Psyduck


27.12.99. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A473591

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more