Early American Farm Implements Museum, Fayette County, Pennsylvania, USA Content from the guide to life, the universe and everything

Early American Farm Implements Museum, Fayette County, Pennsylvania, USA

1 Conversation

Located along Route 40 in Fayette County, Pennsylvania, near the crossroads village of Chalk Hill, is a small motel with a rather bizarre front court.

The motel owners, Jim and Jeannette Silbaugh, have assembled a rather astonishing collection of antique farm machinery. The Early American Farm Implements Museum, as it is called, is really just a bunch of old, rusty stuff parked in the grass in the front of the motel. There are more than 1000 items including a 12-ton steam engine tractor.

Many of the items show signs of wear from sitting out in the elements, but if you want to get an up-close glimpse of a coal mine car or blacksmith tools or horse-drawn buggies, it's worth a stop.

The entire collection is on display for free, though there is a box located on the property for donations.

Oddly, several dozen domesticated rabbits hop among the relics which can easily amuse small children for as much time as an interested grown-up needs to look at the collection. The bunnies aren't tame and will hop away from over-inquisitive children, but it makes for an interesting game for a youngster.

The museum is located eight miles east of Uniontown on Route 40. It is open in any weather during the daylight hours.


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Edited Entry

A531343

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry

Categorised In:


Written by

Edited by

h2g2 Editors

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more