h2g2 Post 01.09.05

2 Conversations


Posted: 1st September 2005


 

Beware!! Gloating ahead!

If you are Australian it may be best if you scroll past this bit and go straight into the articles.

Like the rest of the country my nerves are in tatters and I have no nails left. Yes after yet another nail-biting-down-to-the-wire finish England are finally 2-1 ahead in the Ashes with the final test starting on the 8th Sept, hands up who remembers sitting in front of the TV during Botham's Ashes in 1981 (Me). I know comparisons have been made between this series and that one and Freddie Flintoff has been hailed as the new Botham but who in the UK hasn't been heartened by the sight of England finally showing the Australians who’s boss? Is it too early to vote for Freddie as Sports Personality of the Year?

Anyway enough gloating for now and onto the serious (?) stuff. Put your hands together and welcome our newest team member, the one and only Terran who is in charge of the Cartoon section, so will all the artists out there start submitting their work again please, pretty please with sugar on top?smiley - grovel

Situations Vacant

We are always on the lookout for volunteers to help us get The Post together, so if you can give us a hand can you drop a line to the Post Office address at the bottom of the Editorial. We'd also like a sports correspondent, if you feel this is the job for you, please reply to the same address. In fact if you have any ideas for the Post, or something you think the rest of h2g2 should know about, post your ideas to us at the Post Team email address. Can we have your contributions for the next issue by Midday on Sunday 11th September, please.

I'll shut up now and let you get on with reading the post.

Reefgirlsmiley - devil

 

 
FICTION
 
 
 
 
CARTOONS
 
 
 
 
REGULARS
 
 

 
 
 
FEATURES
 
 
h2g2 NEWS
 
 
  • The Post
    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A5374604

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more