Knight Rider

2 Conversations


Welcome to the Ian Morris H2G2 Guide to one of my favourite TV shows ever! I hope you enjoy this article, please feel free to leave comments/complaints after the tone... This is a work in progress, when this bit disappears then the article is complete!

Introduction



(dodo dodo dodo dodododododo dodldodo dodldodo)1



...A SHADOWY FLIGHT INTO THE DANGEROUS WORLD
OF A MAN WHO DOES NOT EXIST.

MICHAEL KNIGHT, A YOUNG LONER ON A CRUSADE TO
CHAMPION THE CAUSE OF THE INNOCENT, THE HELPLESS,
THE POWERLESS, IN THE WORLD OF CRIMINALS WHO
OPERATE ABOVE THE LAW...

About The Show



Knight Rider was a show developed and initally aired in the early 80's. It featured a Hunky man (so women tell me) and a cool car (everyone knows about the car!)

The show has been a hit around the world, it is shown in many countries even today! For more details of where to see this super programme see the bottom of this guide entry.

Who Was In Knight Rider?



Here is a complete list of all of the people who were main characters in the programme.
  • Michael Knight - David Hasselhoff
  • Devon Miles - Edward Mulhare
  • KITT (Voice) - William Daniels
  • Bonnie Barstowe - Patricia MacPherson
  • April Curtis - Rebecca Holden
  • RC3 (Reginald Cornelius III) - Peter Parros


Rebecca Holden replaced Patricia MacPherson in season 2 of the show. Many will tell you that this was a contract problem. However Patricia was brought back in the 3rd season and stayed until the show ended.
Peter Parros' RC3 was introduced in the last season. He is even more reckless than the stupidly reckless Michael Knight!

Where Are They Now?



Knight Rider was a great show but what did it do for the careers of the people who were in it? Well I trotted over to IMDB to find out...

David Hasselhoff - David has done quite well. He has made a mint out Knight Rider and his baby, Baywatch (the most watched TV programme world-wide!) He now stars in the stage production of Jekyll & Hyde: The Musical.
David is now hoping to get a new Knight Rider film together!

William Daniels - William is also a bit of a surprise. After Knight Rider he went on to star as the dry teacher Mr George Feeny in the childrens TV show "Boy Meets World" It's a bit strange to see William as himself, he looks nothing like KITT (obvious, I know!)

Edward Mulhare - Sadly Edward died in May 1997 after a five month batttle with Lung Cancer. His contribution to television will be remembered by many, including the fans wo his work in Knight Rider as an amusing Devon Miles. Edward had a distingushed career, mainly theater based and started in productions of "Othello" and "My Fair Lady" Edward was born in Ireland and was 74 when he died.

KITT: Car of Dreams




So who was the star of the show? Not who you might think. For Knight Rider the expression of choice is very much "The Car's The Star." KITT Stands for "Knight Industries Two Thousand" and refers to the super car that every 5-15 year old wanted in 19832. Rumour (with a sprinkling of fact) has it that the main car with all the equipment cost $250,000. In 1983 that was a hell of a lot of money!

To add to this there wasn't just one car, there were different ones for each kind of stunt. For example there were two Jump cars that were used for the flying through air shots. These were made of Fibreglass and had high powered engines.
















1This is not at all acurate. In fact it is way off, you will need to use your imagination to recreate the theme tune!2I am now 23 and would still love to own KITT

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A539192

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more