FrontPage Archive - January 2010

0 Conversations

[Prev]part of an unofficial archive of h2g2 front pages[Next]

4 January 2010

A man de-iceing his car on a cold, frosty morning.Tips For Cold Mornings - Full of very useful tips this lovely Entry is a collaborative effort by various members of the h2g2 community.

Pidgins and Creoles - An outstanding Entry on how languages change and develop into something new when the need arises.

The History of the Galilean Moons of Jupiter - This well-researched Entry offers a fascinating overview of Jupiter's four main moons.

QOTW: Someone deleted all my biscuits!

5 January 2010



®

11 January 2010

A ferris wheel in a theme park.Working in a Theme Park - An insider's guide to making a living in the rollercoaster world of the fairground.

'Star Trek': Quark the Ferengi - Meet the Deep Space 9 barkeep with enviable earlobes and a side-line in wheeling and dealing.

Topsham and the River Exe - Take a trip to the Devon port with a shipbuilding past and tourist attracting present.

QOTW: I am carrying a pen around with me so I don't have to touch the switches!

18 January 2010

An illustration of yellow mountain.Yellow Mountain (Mt Huangshan), China - The mythical range that's a destination point for hardened walkers and romantic couples alike.

The Mu Arae Planetary System - A family of planets that offers scientists hope of finding other Earth-like celestial bodies out there.

Feluda Films - Meet Bengal's answer to Sherlock Holmes, a character who has been a part of Indian popular culture since the mid-1970s.

QOTW: I was in Home Depot the other day pushing my cart around when I collided with a young guy pushing his cart. …

19 January 2010



®

25 January 2010

An abstract illustration of a bowl of winter soup, a spoon and a tomato.Winter Spicy Tomato and Lentil Soup - An easy to follow recipe that is sure to warm up those long winter evenings.

Galileo Galilei: Father of Modern Science - The pioneering astronomer who was put on trial for his radical theories.

Mitch Benn: Musical Comedian - Everything you ever wanted to know about BBC Radio 4's musical satirist in residence.

QOTW: Pythagoras thought it wrong to eat beans.

28 January 2010



®

[Prev][Index][Next]

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A61303673

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more