The h2g2 Post 08.03.10

1 Conversation



Posted: 08th March 2010


 

 

Jobless

Well, I'm not yet jobless, but my working contract will end soon, as my boss is going to close the shop. By then, I'll have been in the food-health shop for nearly 16 years. Now I know I'm not the only one in such a situation, and I'm certainly better off than those who have to work for a living, which I currently don't have to do, but it is still somehow devastating. I have never in my life written a CV, for instance. When I was young, I just went to wherever I knew they were looking for people, asked for a job and got it. As simple as that. But things have changed, and if you don't have any certifications to prove you know how to do a job, you don't have a chance of getting any decent job. And then there is the paperwork. And I guess I'll have to go and get some photos done, too. It certainly looks as if I'll be busy with all this for quite some time to come. Unfortunately, the Bundesagentur für Arbeit (National Job Agency) is not renowned for being helpful at all. Add to it that due to the global economic crisis there are incredibly many people looking for a job, I'm not optimistic.

Good job there is the Post which keeps me busy with things I understand and love. We have another debutant, Toy Box, whose article you'll find below.

Keep an eye on your lawn once the snow has gone (by the looks of it, this might happen in June): if it is pink, read Nigel's advice. I've browsed the archives again, and we got a lot of brilliant submissions. I hope you'll enjoy this issue as much as I do.


B'Elana


 

 
THE HAZARDS OF TRAVELLING

 

 

 

 

CLEVER WITH WORDS


 

 

 

 

BOOKS AND MUSIC


 

 

 

 

BUREAUCRACY


 

 

 

 

Grass and Stones


 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A61427126

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more