Dover Athletic

0 Conversations

Dover Athletic Football Club was founded in 1983, with help from then new chairman John Husk, within hours of the previous club being bankrupted.
The quick reformation meant that the new Dover club retained the last club's Southern league Southern division position.
Manager Chris Kinnear guided Athletic to the Conference, before, after a bad start to the 1994/95 season was fired. After a succession of unsuccessful managers, Dover found Bill Williams. Williams kept them in the Conference, took them to the F.A. Trophy Semis' in 1998 and made sure they completed their best Conference campaign so far, finishing sixth in season 1999/2000.
In November 2000 a new era in the clubs history began. John Husk stepped down as chairman to make way for Jim Gleeson to take over. With new money available, Whites were looking to consolidate on last seasons impressive finish, however they ended a disappointing campaign in 15th position. There was more bad news in May when Bill Williams resigned as manager.



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A614675

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more