The Vault of Lies

1 Conversation

No-one's asked for it, but here it is anyway - an archive of links to the widely-ignored h2g2 Post column 24LAS, which now also features the odd review that didn't make it into the Post proper for one reason or another.

Being an industrious fellow, I often cover more than one topic per column, but being technically incompetent I've not yet cracked the art of making the following links jump exactly to the bit you may be looking for. Thank heavens for the scroll feature, eh readers?

The reviews are broken down by genre (fairly arbitrarily, but hey, it's my archive and I'll do what I like with it). I did consider listing each film in every category it qualified for (eg, Men in Black 2 would show up under Comedy and Dumb Sci-Fi). But I couldn't be bothered. Volunteers for this fairly tedious job please apply below...

(And yes, films from the same franchise all go in the same section whether they strictly qualify or not. Hence The Matrix Revolutions's presence in the intelligent SF category...)


Feature Presentations


Comedy (Supposedly)


Creature Features


Ev'rybody Was Kung Fu Fighting


Fantastical


Frock Therapy


****ed If I Know


High-Class Drama (Incongruous, Wot?)


I Blame Hugh Grant (Romantic Comedies)


Lo-Fi


Marvels of the Silver Screen...


...and their Distinguished Competition


Mostly Cobblers


Neither Fish nor Fowl (Comedy-Drama)


Non-Fictitious Times


Once More, With Feeling (Musicals)


Punching, Shooting and Shouting


Skiffy (Dumb)


Skiffy (Intelligent)


Swords But No Sorcery


Things That Make You Go 'Gaah!'


They Certainly Don't Make As Many Westerns As They Used To...


Very Possibly The Worst Film Ever Made


Supporting Program


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A641855

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more