Stories From Spook

0 Conversations

Stories From Spook

Word from Spook

So it's Wednesday. I have done nothing for the amazing Christmas edition of Stories from Spook, and have lots of coursework to do. Should I tell Shazz that there will be no Stories from Spook this week? No! I decided to get down and create a brilliant edition of Stories from Spook. Why? Because it's Christmas!!!!!!! And the Christmas Post wouldn't be the same without Stories from Spook! Some good regulars are already unable to do anything for this issue, so I decided that Stories from Spook would not be added to that list.

smiley - hollysmiley - hollyMERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODYsmiley - hollysmiley - holly

Guest Stories

Type your stories in the box below.

Type your story here...

Tales from the CYBERHUMAN

Doctor Who: The Cyber-virus

PART FOUR:

...The TARDIS was falling, falling, falling. Miraculously it was plunging towards Mondas. Its outer shell screamed under the crippling air pressure.

Inside, sprawled awkwardly on the floor near the console, the Doctor and Ace closed their eyes and yelled together as the whole TARDIS shuddered and twisted violently, like a nightmare fairground ride. The room lights blinked constantly and the console issued chain-reaction bangs and showers of sparks. This seemed to last for an eternity, then everything exploded into stillness as the TARDIS landed on Mondas with a jarring crash.

Heaving a sigh of relief, the Doctor rose groggily to his feet and inspected the console. He punched a few buckled and ruined in-put keys and waited for the information that never came from the wrecked systems. Ace rose and saw his face frown.

'The console's too badly damaged to find out anything, but at least we have the scanner,'

he said slowly.

He looked up at the scanner screen. They had landed in what seemed to be a vast rocky desert. A few miles away this rocky landscape sloped upwards into a canyon and perching on this canyon, like huge silver beetles, were a few habitation domes. The Doctor studied this picture thoughtfully.

Suddenly he turned and opened the main doors. Ace slid a baseball bat out of the rucksack now slung over one shoulder.
'Shall we go?'

the Doctor asked sincerely.

Astrak was reporting on the TARDIS's crash-landing to a very annoyed Krail.
'The computers show that the craft was fired at by the Attack Squad. It went out of atmosphere proximity and then dropped down near the Kyrik Circles.'

Meanwhile, Sy Monn and two of his rebels, Biroc and Krang, were crouched in a deep crater watching the mysterious movements of two strangers who had emerged from a police box.

'Better get 'em hadn't we?'

Sy Monn sneered, unholstering and priming his 'Justice' rifle. He peered at the strangers through its rangefinder.

Biroc, Sy Monn's deputy-in-command, whined in his ear. Biroc was a small, incredibly chubby man with old warty skin and a bloated, ugly face. Dirty brown locks of hair protruded from his hooded head.
'Are you sure you wanna kill them? They might be useful as hostages,'

he moaned.

Sy Monn sighed. For all his brilliance as a rebel and his deputy, Biroc lacked the hardness of pulling a trigger. But then again, he did have a point.
'Very well Biroc,'

he growled,
'we'll take 'em into our care. I'll get 'em runnin' with a single shot, and you and Krang can grab 'em.'

Biroc and Krang scuttled off.

The Doctor and Ace were looking around suspiciously. The Doctor suddenly announced;
'Y'know, I'm sure I've been here before...'

As he spoke, the stuttering rattle of laser fire sounded. The ground exploded under both of their feet.

'Run!'

Ace yelled. Both broke into a shambling run, but then two men in animal skins appeared behind them and grabbed them savagely. Dragging their prisoners along on the ground, Biroc and Krang took them to Sy Monn.

'Sir!'
'What is it Astrak?'

Chief Scientific Researcher Krail replied.

'Two occupants from the craft that landed near the Kyrik Circles have just emerged. They wandered around for a bit and then were taken by two rebels.'

'Well?'

Krail sounded uncaring.


Astrak turned from her computer.
'Well sir, I think we should rescue them. Who knows what the rebels might do?'

Krail thought, and then said;
'And do the lives of two extra terrestrials matter?'


For all his human qualities, Krail had the uncaring attitude of a Cyberman.

Astrak decided to go and rescue the two strangers with some other men herself.

The Doctor and Ace found themselves tied up together by a lot of obviously desperate men in a hideout made of what seemed to be space debris. Sy Monn knelt beside them and held his rifle to the Doctor's head.
'Alright. What are you doing here?'


Ace struggled against her ropes and said;
'Well...'


Sy Monn cut across her;
'Did the Mondasian scientists send you as spies to discover the secret of our latest weapon: the Venn Nagri Virus?'
'What virus?'

the Doctor asked curiously.

'Two weeks ago, we cut up some rare Venn Nagri plants and extracted a mineral which we had discovered had a startling negative effect on mechanical and metallic objects. We plan to use this virus to destroy the Cybermen.'

Obviously, Sy Monn now believed that these two beings were not of Mondas.

'So! The Cybermen have truly been born,'

the Doctor remarked.

'Yes. But they will die out as rapidly as they were created,'

Monn remarked crisply.

Suddenly, a loud war cry and stuttering laser rifle shots sounded from outside. Seventeen Mondasian army troops, led by Senior Technician Astrak, emerged from the sandstorm desert. Sy Monn turned to Biroc.

'Bring 'em!'

Biroc bundled the still-tied Doctor and Ace out of the hideout just as the Mondasians burst through the door. Sy Monn and Krang fled too.

As they were bundled like disregarded sacks over the desert wasteland by Biroc and Krang, the Doctor had managed to dislodge the penknife from his back pocket into his tied hands. With some difficulty, he released its blade and cut himself free. Ace, realising his idea, took the knife from his hands and cut the ropes around her wrists too. She knew the Doctor's plan, he had done it before.

With lightning agility, the Doctor flung his legs out and stood up. With a strange twist of the body, he manouvered himself behind the tall, lean-faced Krang and flung his hand down in a Venusian Aikido chop right across the back of Krang's neck. Krang reeled and slumped onto the ground. Rubbing his sore hand, the Doctor noticed that Ace, having jumped to her feet, was wrestling awkwardly with the big-built Biroc. The Doctor went over and jabbed his outstretched fingers into a gap between the blood vessels in Biroc's throat. Biroc stumbled forward, then the Doctor tripped him up. With both of their captors out cold, the two travellers looked around for Sy Monn. He was nowhere to be seen.

'Well Ace,'

the Doctor said cheerfully, as if their ordeal had been just a stroll in the park;
'shall we warn the officials of this planet about Sy Monn's latest gesture of destruction?'
'We could ask for help in repairing the TARDIS,'

Ace replied.

'Trouble is,'

said the Doctor;
'where do we go now?'

As if in answer, Astrak and her scientist friends emerged from the sand-swept horizon and hurried over to them. Panting heavily, Astrak said;
'How did you escape? Those rebels were big blokes.'

'Oh we used our own special technique. We get ourselves free and send our captors into a rather unexpected nap,'

the Doctor complicatedly.

'Knockout basically,'

Ace translated.


'Whoever you are extra terrestrials, you're coming to our habitation dome,'

a scientist spoke.

'Of course, of course, of course,'

the Doctor nodded approvingly.
'Then we can tell you about our friend Sy Monn back there and his anti-Cyberman virus.'

He beamed at them.


Astrak and her scientists looked at each other in alarm as they and the two 'extra terrestrials' made their way across the desert...

Christmas Jokes (Staying in the Christmas Spirit)

The lightbulb joke in its many forms

What do snowmen eat for breakfast?

Snowflakes.

What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus?

Claustrophobic.

Why does Santa have 3 gardens?

So he can ho-ho-ho.

Why was Santa's little helper depressed?

Because he had low elf esteem.

What do you call a cat on the beach at Christmas time?

Sandy Claus!

How do sheep in Mexico say Merry Christmas?

Fleece Navidad!

What do you get when you cross a snowman with a vampire?

Frostbite.

How come you never hear anything about the 10th reindeer 'Olive'? Olive?

Yeah, you know, 'Olive the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names...'

There once was a czar in Russia whose name was Rudolph the Great. He was standing in his house one day with his wife. He looked out the window and saw something happening. He says to his wife,
'Look honey. Its raining.'

She, being the obstinate type, responded,
'I don't think so, dear. I think it's snowing.'

But Rudolph knew better. So he says to his wife,
'Let's step outside and we'll find out.'

Lo and behold, they step outside and discover it was in fact rain. And Rudolph turns to his wife and replies,
'I knew it was raining. Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear!'


Spook's Home Page


20.12.01. Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A673256

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more