The Ghost Post

1 Conversation

smiley -

Welcome to the first edition of The Ghost Post

In the comming editions we hope to introduce to you the denizens of the Haunted Castle, provide you with advise and links to articals conserning magic and science and in general afford you with an entertaining view of the h2g2, from a ghost's perspective

smiley - University

Children in horrible masks

Deep in the sewers of the h2g2 water works is a haven for our less fortunate friends, the monsters. Bluebottle and Dragonfly, out of the kindness of their heart, have set aside a sanctuary for all monsters willing to be rehabilitated. Free room and board is provided and occupational therapy provided for the monster who wishes to go on a human free diet.

The smiley - University, (Headmaster Charon the centaur) will undertake to educate any monster who applies. Curriculum is set by one of a series of professors, specialising in the monster's chosen field of study. So far, we have awarded 2 degrees and conferred 1 professorship, but we hope for more graduates soon.


_______________________________________________

smiley -

Recently a vampire has been roaming the halls and entering the rooms of the Haunted Castle. Mistadrong smiley - Count von Count May appear at any time, in any forum. Generally believed to be friendly, he is nevertheless to be considered armed and thirsty. From his schloss he views us and is apt to drop in at any time. We would suggest keeping a supply of blood on hand, in case he visits you. At thise date of this publication only one person has been found dead in the hallways, apparently a victom of vampire bite, and no real evidence links this killing to Mistadrong, but it is wise to be cautious.


______________________________________
book reviewsFortune cookies

A number of articals have come to the attention of this editorial staff, which may be of interest to our readers.

For the mad scientists among us, there is a review of Mystery Science Fiction 3000 A popular show in the U.S. which hosts old sci fi and horror movies.

A rather interesting discussion on science can be found in Science: It's a Mad Thing. Also entertaining is the entryMad Engineering"

For the mages amongst us, there is the Doctor M O's 2 part discussion
Doctor's Guide to Magic and Doctor's Guide to Magic, Part 2


___________________________

ad section

A sandwich board man predicting doom

Help WantedLaboratory assistant. Rudimentary knowledge of anatomy required. Knowledge of forensic sciencean asset. Hump and ather disfigurements encouraged. All races, species and Igors may apply.

EOE, send resume to Big Bad WolfHaunted Castle, h2g2, BBC.

smiley - For a torturously good time

Visit Saturn Girl's Dungeonsmiley -


_______________________

Product review

A wizard

Stocked with all your Magical needs, the Masque's Ye Olde Arcane Magic Shoppe. Used by all the best mage, this reporter found the service a little slow, but the quality of products excellent. A credit line may be established with the owner, and any product not in stock will be ordered.

Back to the Haunted Castle


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A683976

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more