The h2g2 Post 04.10.10

0 Conversations



Posted: 04th October 2010


 

 

Plagiarism

We all know that things we publish on the www may be used by others. So far, so good. But why people think they can just use somebody else's work without admitting it wasn't them who wrote/drew/composed it is a mystery. It's not difficult to include a link to the source you took an article/photo/drawing etc from. However, there are those people who don't care. Some, because they don't know any better, and others because they think that since they found it on the public domain anyway, it is not necessary. That is bad enough, but it is worse that the BBC seems to be worried about being sued if an author names and shames the 'idea thieves'. This is worrying. The signal it sends to me, is that those who don't care about the law in the first place afterwards use it to make their wrong right, and win. I admit I don't have much trust in the German legal system, and by the looks of it, the British system isn't much better. Dark times are lying ahead of us if I am right.

But on to more pleasant things: I spent a wonderful Sunday making a tour in a covered waggon, with friends and family, through the small town of Zwingenberg and its surrounding vineyards; tasting some local wine during the course of the 2.5 hour tour. The weather was lovely, sunny and warm, like in summer. Before leaving, I had given my son instructions on how to cook dinner. He managed to cook a great dinner, although he said that everything that could go wrong went wrong. Still, he somehow saved it in the end, so I didn't have to go to bed hungry. Not that I was hungry on arriving, because our friend had provided us with some superb tea after the tour. I still had some dinner which my son had cooked for us.

Below, you'll find the fascinating articles our writers have come up with for your enjoyment. So here is, hot off the press, our latest issue of the Post. Enjoy.


Bel


 

 
PICKING UP THE GAUNTLET

 

 



 

 
WHAT DO WE LEARN FROM THE DAYS OF YORE?

 

 



 

 
50 WAYS TO FIGHT BUGS

 

 

 

 
ASTONISHING

 

 

 

 
FASCINATION STEAM ENGINE

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION

 

 


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A72567183

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more