The h2g2 Post 21.02.11

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 21st February 2011

Watching TV

Usually, I have a vague idea what I want to write in the editorial. Not so today. I spent the whole evening watching mindless TV and discussing things with my son, like how many kg of meat each German eats per year1. I felt I needed some distraction. So much has been going on recently, and the upcoming sale of h2g2 was put in perspective by the deaths of a parent each of some h2g2 friends. So it is nice to sit and calculate how much meat we actually eat per year (and wondering who eats ours), or whose milk we drink (it is more than twice the amount of the average person). It is wonderful to have grown sons with whom I can talk about these things while forgetting for a moment that there is RL with all its ugliness (but with all its beauty, too).

However, now I'm all focussed on the Post again. We have another Post novice: Hagarai is making his début with a poem. We have another writer who has earned his Post badge, too: The Phoenician Trader, who makes our mouths water with his Eating Out column (not to mention that he evokes the wish to travel to those places). Congratulations! In front of you, you have yet another really great issue of the Post. Please enjoy.


Bel

USE YOUR SENSES

 

 
STRAIN YOUR EYES

 

 
RACK YOUR BRAINS
DO SOME WORK...
...OR LET OTHERS DO THE WORK FOR YOU

 

 
COMMUNITY
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


1It is 60,5 kg, in case you are interested. Chez Bel's it is roughly half that amount.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A79168396

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more