The Autumn Scottish meetup 2002

4 Conversations

Scottish Autumn Meet Up (Round About 1)*

Date: Saturday 26th October 2002.

Place: Glasgow.

Wot we doing then? The plan is to meet up in George Square* under the central column round about 1:00 pm*. If the weather is rubbish (in Glasgow in October? Surely not...) then people will probably meet in the Counting House*. If you turn up early there will almost certainly be people in the Counting House.

From George Square we'll wander over to Central Station and get the low-level train to the Exhibition center station, and thence from there to the Exhibition Centre and over the Clyde to the GSC. We are aiming to get there by between 1:30 and 2:00. If there are more than 10 of us we should be able to get a group discount, which comes out at £3.50 each. Note that the GSC has a car park (which appears to be free) if you want to drive there directly.

The pub for the evening is Waxy O'Connors. There should be people there from 7:00 at the latest, and probably earlier. If someone gets there early try and grab an empty room smiley - I think we can probably improvise from there smiley -

Directions etc.

George Square, 1 pm. Just South of Queen Street Station. It's a big open square painted red. Meet in the center (at the really tall thing). or...

The Counting House (in case of bad weather). Main entrance on St Vincent Place*, or side entrance from West side of George Square. You will have to hunt around for people, its a pretty large place.

Glasgow Science Centre, 1:30 - 2:00 pm. On the south side of the Clyde, opposite the Scottish Exhibition Centre. See the website for directions.

Waxy O'Connors, 46 West George St*, probably any time between 5 and 7. Oirish pub with a labyrinthine interior. Hopefully we can get one of the side rooms.

People that might be there:


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A808698

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more