The h2g2 Post 02.05.11

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 02nd May 2011

Celebrations

Since it was Dmitri researching most of today's articles, and since he'll stand in in two weeks when I'm away to the h2g2 London meet, I thought it would only be fair to have him write today's editorial. So fasten your seatbelts.


Bel

Have you people over there been enjoying your bank holidays? I should hope so. Those of us in less privileged parts of the globe have been looking on with envy.

Since our contributors were not exactly tied to their laptops this past week – more like tying one on, or at least ogling the royalty – we've opted to bring you a treasure trove of past hits from our fantastic archives. (No, Bel, no – we don't call them "reruns". That makes them sound like leftovers. We don't want that.)

Since it's H2G2's birthday, and those crazy kids from the Palace got hitched, and it's also May Day, we thought we'd celebrate everything at once. Thus you see a World Wide Web of wonders, from soup to nuts, so to speak. (Yeah, yeah, I heard that crack about the 'nut on the editorial staff'. Quiet in the back.)

We promise to go back to work next week. Really. In the meantime, stroll down memory lane, relax, and enjoy the rest of your holidays.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

HAPPY BIRTHDAY h2g2

 

 

 

 
WEDDINGS

  • 24 Lies A Second

  • Not quite so stylish as William's and Kate's wedding

    but a lot more fun.


 

 

 

 
WORK

  • False Economies

  • A reflection on macro- and microeconomics
    by a no-doubt well-lubricated pundit.


 

 

 

 
WONDERS

 

 

 

 
COMMUNITY
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A82620344

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more