The h2g2 Post 15.08.11

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 15th August 2011

Games

Do you play board or card games with friends and/or family? I think it's a great way to 'socialise'. My dad used to play with us when we were small-ish, and I played with my sons. I started when they were still very small, and we still manage to sit down together and play a board or a card game. This weekend, my niece came visiting. It was quite spontaneous, she is looking for a room here in Frankfurt because she'll do 'work practice' at the English Theatre here come September.

Now it so happened that my youngest son and girl friend were here, as well as my eldest son, and so, after tea (which they had cooked), we sat down together and played a card game. We had so much fun it didn't actually matter who won or who lost. If you have the chance, take the time and play board or card games. I didn't miss the internet for a second while we played. True, it is great to have it, and I really wouldn't want to be without it, but given the choice, I'd always go for a nice round of games with family.

I know there are various challenges planned for when we are on the new servers. Some of them have playful elements, so if you like to try new things and don't get the chance otherwise, these challenges may be for you. Pop over and check them out. Have a look at Dmitri's advice below before endeavouring on your writing trip. Oh, and since last week's headers were so popular with people, Dmitri has thought up some new clever ones. Enjoy.


Bel

TYGER, TYGER, BURNING BRIGHT

  • The Elk Attack

  • Gripping story by Mudhooks – we are glad she survived to tell the tale.


 

 
WHEN THE AIR DOES LAUGH WITH OUR MERRY WIT

  • h2g2 Life

  • Wowbagger's absolutely brilliant weekend.


 

 
PIPING DOWN THE VALLEYS WILD
THE SOUND IS FORCED, THE NOTES ARE FEW
I WANDERED THROUGH EACH CHARTERED STREET
COMMUNITY

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A85249641

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more