The h2g2 Tree Ornament Drive.

0 Conversations

It is December and suddenly in the very centre of h2g2 (wherever that actually is) a fir tree has appeared.

It is a pretty large tree, very green, very verdant, not looking at all as if the needles will drop before the end of the month at all. Squirrels could well be hiding in the branches.

The smell is pretty potent too. You breathe it in and you are transported to a snowbound forest with wolves howling in the distance.

The tree, however, is naked.

Dressing the tree.

A Christmas tree bauble.

It needs ornaments. And we were hoping the good researchers of h2g2 could provide them. Or rather, photographs of them.

But not any tat that you have picked up in the local 5 kopeck shop.1 No, we are asking you to send us carefully crafted ornaments that you (or someone close to you) have made with your (or their) own two hands.

These ornaments can be new this year or treasured items that you or your children lovingly presented the tree with in years gone well by. We'd also love to know anything you wish to tell us about the ornament. How it came to be made, any associations it has for you. But just the picture is fine too.

Of course, you could also share the secret of your home made ornaments with the Guide. The Guide doesn't have any entries on home made Christmas decorations yet. Except this one.

Submissions.

You can submit your photo by sending us a link to fotki or a similar site where the picture is already published. Or you can send it directly to us. The email is [email protected]

The standard size of pictures on h2g2 at the moment is 300 x 400px, but we can go to 400 x 400px. Tavaron, one of the Arts Editors, has kindly offered to resize anyone's pictures for them but reserves the right to crop as she pleases.



Ideally, we'd like the pictures before, say, Saturday 17th December, as this will give us a fighting chance of having a fully dressed tree before the festive celebrations really kick off.

We are looking forward to seeing your ornaments and the finished tree!

And finally...

You might find this interesting.

Tavaron Da Quirm

Solnushka

1Other currencies are available.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87725622

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more