The Post's Post: Email Madness

1 Conversation

Back when I was a kid, Perry Como used to read letters on his TV show that he got from fans. The segment was introduced with a jingle, 'Letters, we get letters….we get tons and tons of letters….' Well, the Post gets 'em, too. I wonder if Mr Como's were as weird.

The Post's Post: Email Madness

An envelope zooming along a train track.

I wouldn't have opened this one, but from the header, I thought it was one of youze guys. See if you can figure out why.

Dinosaurs Museum Supplier

Very nice to know that you are doing the business of dinosaurs museum

We supply many products like : | Alive looking dinosaurs | Robotic wild animals model | Children slide | Fiberglass cartoon | Pirate model | ..etc...for European and USA clients over 5years

The most interesting issue is that our animals can make sound and movements like : eyes blink , tails left to right and even stomach breathing...etc..

If you are interested in , ple contact us to get a full price list of our dinosaurs in next email

Moving dinosaurs video in factory : [link to website, we won't go there]

Sincerely

[Name Withheld by the Editor]

Halo'saurus

You get the idea. Stop and think about it: which is odder, the fact that someone has the h2g2 Post on a list of dinosaur museums, or the fact that the Post Editor thinks an email about dinosaurs probably applies to the Post? I blame Willem, among others. You know who you are. (Trying searching for 'dinosaur' on h2g2. Try it both ways: 'Guide Entries Only' and not. See what I mean?)

The next email is offering to sell us 'corn lights'. I am unable to discern whether these lights run on corn, i.e., maize, or are made of corn. Or if the writer is just full of corn. The letter includes this tidbit1:

if you like then i can send to you our pricelist and specs. by the way,it won"t bite to browse our website for more surprises!

Someone from Israel writes to offer us his services composing music for our commercials. I think the AViators have got that covered, but it's nice to know that they write better English in Israel than the rest of these people.

Imp'horhothon

So there you have it – a glimpse into the Post inbox. I'm thinking of writing back with an ad for a really good spellchecker.

And h2g2 organisers wonder why the Post doesn't want any more mailboxes.

Speaking of mailboxes, remember that you can send us your copy at postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com. Please do not give this address to any manufacturers of corn lights and/or talking dinosaurs.

General Features Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

16.04.12 Front Page

Back Issue Page

1Elektra still won't let me spell that word British.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87752794

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more