ASCII Picture Quiz 5: Solution

1 Conversation

These are the solutions to the Ascii Picture Quiz 5 which appeared in a recent issue of The h2g2 Post. Follow the links to see the original pictures.

Picture 1

A showering Janet Leigh screams as she encounters the frenzied killer in the Hitchcock thriller Psycho.

Picture 2

Donald Pleasance plays the Bond arch-villain Ernst Stavro Blofeld in You Only Live Twice.

Picture 3

Gene Wilder is the original and best sweet factory owner in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Picture 4

Frankly, my dear... it's Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh in the historical epic Gone With The Wind.

Picture 5

Mr T and Sylvester Stallone square up in Rocky III, the movie that gave us the theme tune 'The Eye of the Tiger'.

Picture 6

A tougher one. Gene Hackman won an oscar for his role as New York cop "Popeye" Doyle on the trail of drug smugglers in The French Connection.

Picture 7

The Austrian hills are alive to Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music.

Picture 8

Audrey Hepburn sports an outrageous hat in the classic musical My Fair Lady.

Picture 9

A tricky one to resolve, maybe. David Niven plays global traveller Phileas Fogg and Cantinflas plays Passepartout in this adaptation of Jules Verne's Around the World in 80 Days.

Picture 10

Don't those hats give it away? It's Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman in Casablanca.

Icy's Quizzes and More Archive

Icy North

30.04.12 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87754972

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more