The h2g2 Post 13.08.12

2 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 13th August 2012

Getting Around

A hot-air balloon. h2g2ers certainly get around. Just in this week's issue: MVP has been watching the Tour de France, live and on her bike, while HonestIago went over to the stadium and watched some Olympic footie. Willem's always out in nature – this time, he's brought back a beautiful bird to show and tell about. Awix, who travels much in Oxford, has some farflung films to share, and Deke's been to the kayak races. Phoenician Trader continues to bring us the inside dope on Europe's great cathedrals, while Bel's delved into the world of books. You see what I mean?

We boldly go, we do – so does our beloved NASA. Just last week, NASA achieved a new milestone with the Curiosity Rover on Mars (named by kids, yay, kids). You may not have noticed the geeks manipulating something millions of miles away while you were glued to the Olympic action, but it was remarkable. In addition, they're celebrating 40 years of showing us the planet from orbit with Landsat, which has made Nigel and the aliens happy. They can't find their way to the Fuller's Arms without a good Satnav.

Create is behind a lot of this adventuring, as you'll notice. They're kind enough to share their writing with us in these pages. Please note that August brings two challenges: tell about your summer reading, and help Elton the hamster on his holiday. (Check the link for a printable Elton to put up at the destination of your choice.) Get cracking on these two challenges, and when you've done it, tell Create – and remember the Post!

Enjoy your week, my friends. Up, up, and away!



Dmitri Gheorgheni

LISTEN, DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET?

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS CARMEN SANDIEGO H2G2?


 

CLOSE TO HOME


 

 

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87760407

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more