The h2g2 Post 17.06.13

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 17th June 2013

Tinfoil Hat Wearers: We were RIGHT!

Running from the car.
Hello, netfriends! Do you feel like running from technology these days? You might, especially if you've got the memo about the NSA – that's a US 'security' agency. Their security, not yours. According to the latest whistleblower, they're like lolcats, in ur mobile, readin' ur texts. Unfortunately, they will not be satisfied with cheeseburgers. We suggest that you either revive the ancient art of sending your messages by carrier pigeon, or start really interesting Facebook pages. We can break the spy juggernaut, we can – just ask 2legs. He's already planning another tinfoil-hat campaign, as soon as he stashes away enough cheese.

Otherwise, we're enjoying summer. There are rumours that the sun has been sighted even in the UK. Wherever you go, whatever you do, have fun and remember to share your experiences with us at the Post. We may not have the budget of a major intelligence operation, but we're just as voyeuristic. Besides, the email's been getting thin lately. We absolutely promise not to send your photos to Wikileaks, even if we can't guarantee that Mr Obama isn't reading this.

Actually, we hope he is. We want everybody to read the Post. That's the point of it. This week, our stalwarts bring you news, views, and insights, as always. We will make you laugh. We hope we make you think. You might even be inspired to volunteer for something.

Speaking of intelligence: ITIWBS has shared the astounding news that the average US IQ is now 98. (Don't smirk: world IQ average is a whopping 90. We may be thicker than the UK's 100, but we're ahead of Canada.) See? Your teachers were right. All that TV made you dumber. Reading the h2g2 Post, however, will make you smarter. Keep banging the pixels together, you government people. Some day, you may even get our jokes.

Read, enjoy, share. Have a good week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

NEWS
  • A newspaperman.
  • Guide Entry topic.

VIEWS


 

ARTS


 

 
CRAFTS
  • An illustration of imaginary air travel from 1900.

NATURE
  • Dwarf chameleon
  • Visitor warning.

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87795292

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more