The h2g2 Post 01.07.13

2 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 1st July 2013

That Floating Sensation

Salvador Dali in an art installation.

Feeling a bit up in the air these days? A little like that statue of Osiris in the Manchester Museum, who can't sit still? There's a lot of it going around. Fear not: here at the h2g2 Post, we have a story for every situation. We speak to your condition, as they say. You want something reliable? Check out Amy's Venerable Researchers. Vestboy's been around for quite a while. (No, you can't bill him as an antique.) Bluebottle's reliable, too – he and Florida Sailor can be counted on to rummage through that Flea Market and come out scratching with something great for the Edited Guide. Galaxy Babe reminds us that space is reliable, too – it will always excite your sense of awe.

Itching for some comedy? (Okay, not after that lame flea joke, sorry.) We've got it. We've got poetry, too, this week. Not one, but two h2g2ers were struck by the muse Erato. In my case, right upside the head, but that's par for the course.

The usual folks are here with cinema, comments on daily life, and wildlife to make you go 'ooh' and 'aah' and 'why can't Dmitri draw like that?' Lots of fun to be had.

We've got two requests: One, if you do anything interesting, or wish you had, write and tell us about it. Two, use your cameras. We really, really like pictures.

Folks, if we spent any more time telling you how awesome we think you are (and you know why, you friendly posters), you wouldn't have time to read this. So get reading already, and have a great week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

THE STORY SO FAR


FROM THE SUBLIME TO THE RIDICULOUS


 
  • Mopane Moth by Willem.
  • Brightling Parks and Recreation solves the lawn maintenance problem.

SITUATION NORMAL


 

 
SAY 'CHEESE'
  • Bread and Dutch Cheese, a photograph by Lanzababy
  • A almost-empty coffee cup.

WAY OUT THERE
  • Strange shapes moving in greeting.

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87795319

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more