The h2g2 Post 19.08.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 19th August 2013

The Rose That Grows
(In h2g2-Land)

Wood Rose That's the problem with Create's August Challenge. The minute you think of music – particularly the minute you think of 'the soundtrack of your life' – you start thinking of song title parodies. Oh, yeah. And you get those songs stuck in your head. It's all SashaQ's fault that my personal jukebox has been playing 'We Are the Champions' for about half an hour now. Stop it, guys. I mean it.

SashaQ's shared her personal soundtrack with us. Kidding aside, we're grateful. Cactuscafe's gone in a visual direction on the subject of Leonard Cohen (who else?). We expect more of you to come up with music-related Stuff for us. Get inspired, and get writing! The Create Team have also shared the poems from the One Page Poetry Challenge, so Create is large and in charge this week at the Post.

That wood rose over there is a mystery. Willem can clear it up for you. Just read about the Marula in this week's 'Phyto-Philes', and while you're at it, enjoy the red bush squirrel. That critter is cute. We have other nature for you to explore, as well: some friends of your Editor's sent along stunning photos of the wonders of Driftwood Beach on Jekyll Island in Georgia, USA. If that doesn't make you want to head for the coast, I don't know what will. For those with an entomological bent, we've got a bee quiz this week.

As usual, there's a review, and some news from benjaminpmoore, and a bit of humour here and there. Read, please, leave comments, and tell your friends about it. As they say over at Sirius Cybernetics, share and enjoy!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

(POLOKWANE) SQUIRREL REVIVAL
  • Red Bush Squirrel by Willem
  • .

  • Marula by Willem


I LOVE THE NIGHT LIFE


 


RUNNING HOME TO YOU


 
  • The lights of home.
  • The oldest house in Florida, photographed by Carol M Highsmith.
HERE, THERE, AND EVERYWHERE

IT'S YOU WHO ARE THE STRANGER
  • Driftwood Beach, Georgia.
  • .

  • Stranger Song.

 

 

 

 
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87804930

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more