The h2g2 Post 04.11.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 4th November 2013

Journalese

Reading for pleasure. Do you read for pleasure? Of course you do. You read h2g2's Edited Guide, and you read the h2g2 Post. This month, of course, we're hoping you're going to read a lot more, because…wait for it…November is:

NaJoPoMo!


What's NaJoPoMo when it's at home, that is to say, here at h2g2? It's our response to that other initiative, where people write a whole novel in a hurry every November. Instead of that, we write journals. One entry a day. Magwitch will tell you all about it below. There's also a handy rerun of last year's highlights, so you get an idea of the wealth of goodies our journal writers can come up with.

Read, comment, find the gems. Tease them unmercifully. Have fun!

It's not all about journals. Rod's back with some woodworking tips, Willem's got a new critter to show you, and Awix drops in with the latest in cinema. benjaminpmoore is there on the caring front, as always.

We've got the usual historical and space news, and a quiz to keep you puzzled. Enjoy the week, and remember to subscribe to a few journals!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

NATURAL CURIOSITY
  • Crested Barbet by Willem
  • .

  • Guy Fawkes explained to foreigners.


WRITE!


X-TREME WRITING

  • NaJoPoMo claims another victim.
  • The group watches 'Ben Hur Meets the Zombies.
MORE WRITING

NOTES FROM ALL OVER
  • A planetary system is misaligned.
  • .

  • A college student writing to her boyfriend in the army, 1943.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87811761

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more