The h2g2 Post 11.11.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 11th November 2013

Remembrance of Things Past

Autumn Forest by Tavaron. Fall weather brings out the nostalgia in most of us. We start to remember other years, other experiences. That's the way it is with some of our discussions for NaJoPoMo, Create's November writing challenge. Not only are the journals nostalgic, but the resulting discussions have turned up some truly amazing anecdotes. We hope you'll drop by and contribute, if you haven't already. The subject of remembrance is particularly appropriate at this time of year, of course, because of Remembrance Day. Our tucuxii has taken the time to tell us another of the myriad personal stories that point up the reason for our duty to remember at this time of year.

NaJoPoMo's not only about the past. Some of our journal writers are letting us in on their current doings. We've got home and travel, research and philosophy, and even gaming! A couple of our clever folk are writing fiction at us. Everyone's discussing, trading quips, stories, and inspiration. Do join in! We'll be publishing some highlights after the event, but remember: it goes on all month!

This week's issue of the Post is full of interesting Stuff. In addition to the usual wit, wisdom, and information, we've got special features: Tavaron's been walking in the woods, Rod's been toiling in his workshop, and Willem's been out in the imaginary bush. Tune in, learn, and leave a comment.

We hope the autumn rains fall softly upon you, wherever you are. Keep in mind – if you have a story to tell, here's where to do it. If you've pointed your camera at something fascinating, let us in on it. Send your contributions to postteamhg-at-gmail-dot-com.

Enjoy your week, friends!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

THE WIDE, WILD WORLD
  • African Penguin by Willem
  • .

  • Gemsbok sorrel by Willem


WEIRDNESS FROM ALL OVER

BEAUTY, REAL AND IMAGINARY

  • Crombec by Willem.
  • Bickerbeef  by Willem.
HOW-TO AND CAN-DO

TIME FOR REFLECTION
  • Autumn rain by Tavaron
  • .

  • HMS Barham.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87811824

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more