The h2g2 Post 06.01.14

1 Conversation

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 6th January 2014

Jumping Right In

A parachute is handy. Do you ever feel like that fellow in the picture? Free-fall, followed by a desperate grab for the strings? We probably all do, at one time or another. Remember the first time? If you do, you're halfway to our January Create Challenge. The rest is simple: write up your 'first-footing' tale and send it in – with a picture, if you've got one. Or write about a famous first in history. Send that one to Peer Review. Tell 'em we sent you.

'First-footing' is turning out to be a popular topic. We promise to have some exciting stories for you in next week's issue. In the meantime, January is in full swing, and our contributors have lots to amuse and intrigue.

Willem's showing us a strange, but endearing creature from Down Under. He's also teaching us how to raise a plant I can't pronounce. We are astounded and delighted.

Brits: have you seen the new Sherlock? Don't tell us what happened. Some of us haven't had a chance to watch it yet. But you can hone your deductive skills by trying out this week's Post Quiz. It's not too elementary, we think…

We've got an art lesson, and a Supermarket report, and cinema, life, the universe, everything…in short, the usual suspects doing the usual, which is of course the unusual…

So, 2014 is off to a good start. Enjoy! And remember to send in your contributions to postteanhg-at-gmail-dot-com.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

NATURE: ALWAYS NEW
  • Echnida by Willem
  • .

  •  Adromischus umbraticola by Willem.


TALES OLD AND NEW

HISTORIC EVENTS

  • Hannah the orange lady.
  • The conquerors.

THE ART OF LIVING WELL

LIFE STUDIES
  • Forgot to defrost the fridge.
  • .

  • A feminist statement.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87817297

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more