Freebie Film Tip #18: More Aliens Next Door

0 Conversations

Freebie Film Tip #18: More Aliens Next Door

Back to the aliens. As everyone knows, the reason so many writers turn to science fiction is get past the censors. It's possible to use sci-fi themes to discuss touchy social issues. For this reason, Kenneth Johnson's Alien Nation is really about tolerance and ethnic diversity. Which doesn't mean you can't enjoy the jokes.

George Francisco and his family are typical immigrants. They want to blend in, learn the language, send their kids to good schools, and fight intolerance. The fact that they come from another planet and get drunk on sour milk is neither here nor there. It was a great show, full of life. I thought you might enjoy the pilot film. It's in ten Youtube segments, just follow the playlist.

Oh, and Star Trek fans: you'll recognise a lot of the actors.

2014 Freebie Film Tips Archive

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87843478

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more