The h2g2 Post 06.04.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 6th April 2015

Wherever You Go, There You Are

Eastbourne Pier by Cactuscafe. And there h2g2 is, too: recording the moments. Cactuscafe took this picture, though it made her sad. Sometimes keeping track of local changes brings a tear to the eye and a pulling to the heartstrings. So it goes.

This month, the Create Team want everybody to think about their local area – be it metropolis or tiny hamlet – and what happened there. Or what people say happened there. Or what you wish would happen there. In other words, what's your locale's claim to fame? As usual, write. Or draw. Or click the camera. Send it to the usual places. Let's make April a banner month for h2g2 contributors.

If you've been celebrating the season that's in it, we hope you found all the Easter eggs in the backyard. Otherwise, they will continue to confuse the nesting birds. If you were celebrating online, we hope you found all the Easter eggs in your new game. (Mags.) Any excuse to eat chocolate works for us.

What do you mean, you want me to stop waffling and introduce the new issue? Oh, okay, okay…don't be so impatient. What have we got for you this week?

We've got:

An amazing frog.

A great story from FWR about why his local sign says Þ.

An update from the ever-popular Flea Market.

Nigel's eclipse photo. (Late, as usual.)

A couple of bang-up 42-word stories.

The usual cinema, quiz stuff, advice, and general snarkiness.

Now, are you satisfied? Well, you won't be, until you go and read it for yourself. So go do that.

And have a good week, everybody!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

OF FROGS AND VIKINGS
  • Greater Leaf-Folding Frog by Willem.
  • Sign for Thingwall by FWR.


LOCAL IS RELATIVE

PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE

  • Ossian Dodge.
  • Shave and a haircut.

WRITING OUR HEARTS OUT

ADVERTS AND STUFF
  • April Create by FWR.
  • Hulme Hall.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87847898

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more