The h2g2 Post 13.04.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 13th April 2015

A Tale in Every (Tomb)stone

Spooky tombstone by Dmitri. No, it isn't Halloween already. Your Editor spotted this tombstone nesting beneath the gnarled trees close to the farm on Easter Sunday. The person buried there was an upright citizen of the 19th Century, a founder in the community, if you will. May his rest be sweet.

But you know, there are all sorts buried in your neighbourhood: the good, the bad, the colourful. Find out about them. Write them up for us. And do like me: take a picture for posterity. Posterity will thank you.

Welcome to the profusely illustrated issue of the h2g2 Post. Looking at the photo list, I couldn't believe I'd loaded that many images. There's a lot to admire and enjoy this week:

Willem brings us a beautiful bird and plant (don't you wish you had them?).

Gnomon shows us around Istanbul (don't you wish you were there?).

Cactuscafe reports in from Bodinnick (did you have to look it up?).

Awix raves about some guy named Jason (ever heard of him?).

Florida Sailor and Minorvogonpoet tell us all about it in 42 Words (don't these make you chuckle?).

Anthea's famous Duck is back, with his (?) head in the stars (don't you love him?).

So read, enjoy, leave kudos and snark. Think about what you're going to write next.

And have a good week, everybody!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

NATURAL ABUNDANCE
  • Little Bee Eater by Willem.
  • Transvaal Milkplum.


PLENTY TO TALK ABOUT

PROFUSELY ILLUSTRATED

  • A Hittite Lion.
  • Bodinnick.

HAUNTING IMAGES

CREATIVE BURSTS
  • April Create by FWR.
  • Constellation Prize.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87847906

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more