The h2g2 Post 20.04.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 20th April 2015

Signs of Spring

Easter decorations at Toenning Germany.One sure sign of spring is the appearance of the h2g2 photographer, somewhere near you on our planet. Are the flowers out in your neighbourhood? In Tönning, Germany, they decorated for Easter, and our Bel captured the occasion for us. Lovely. In Pennsylvania, USA, the daffodils are finally up, and the bunnies are hopping around the yard. Signs of spring are everywhere. If you see any, snap a photo and send it to us. It's nice to share.

Down on the other side of the equator, Willem's experiencing cooler weather and more rain, as fall sets in. He's still sending us beautiful paintings and photos of the wildlife in South Africa. Get a look at this week's kingfisher.

The h2g2 Post is roaming the world this week. We'll give you a glimpse of Beachy Head, the Canary Islands, and a street in Philadelphia back in the past. We even speculate about what the NASA engineers are up to – and where they got that flying saucer from. (Was Mulder right all along?)

This week, we introduce a new series called Spoils of War. We'll be bringing cartoons, articles, and other bits of public domain spoilage on military events of the past, mostly from the point of view of ordinary soldiers. If you have anything of your own to contribute, you know where to find our gmail address. That goes for other contributions, as well. We welcome your input!

As usual, read, comment, get inspired. Don't forget to be working on your answer to this month's Create challenge. Enjoy the weather, wherever you are. And have a good week, everybody!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

THE GREAT OUTDOORS
  • Brownhooded Kingfisherr by Willem.
  • Maspalomas.


HOME GETS STRANGER

HUMOUR AND BEAUTY

  • 1700 shadow.
  • Beachy Head.

WIT, 'NUFF SAID

INQUIRING MINDS
  • April Create by FWR.
  • Find the entry that goes with this picture.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87847915

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more