The h2g2 Post 04.05.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 4th May 2015

Twittering

Some weavers. No, not that kind of twittering. There is life away from the computer, friends, and if you live in the northern temperate zone, it should be upon you about now. Get out and enjoy it. Listen to the birds singing – they'll rival any aria, and the most they want in payment is a little birdseed. Watch the bunnies hopping in your back garden, hoping you're going to plant something tasty out there. Or climb in the car and do what we did yesterday: stop by a meadow and count the lambs as they gambol around their mums. They do that, you know, lambs. They gambol. If you don't know what gamboling looks like, get out there and learn the steps. They'll make you want to sing that sheep song. And they'll make you feel young again.

Talk about young…May's sort of about young love, isn't it? (Okay, okay, even us old geezers aren't immune, but hey, as a former part of the 60s 'youth culture', I can relate if the younger crowd think we're out of it…) The Create Team invite us to share how we celebrate May, be it romantically exuberant or militantly political, or even just whimsical. Towels, anyone?

Elektra helps Create get started with a spring-related book review. When the strawberries bloom in Amish Country, young folk go courting. She'll tell you what happens next. And yes, the book was published in Intercourse, Pennsylvania. We did not make that up.

Tavaron's been decorating, and the motif brings some woodland green into her baby's room. Want to see how she did it? Check out her article.

Our Willem's into fall, what with the seasons on the other side of the planet being reversed and all that. But he's been bird whispering, and he's sharing. Part II of this special series is here all week. Oh, and there's one of those carrion flowers, too. Exotic is what it's all about in South Africa.

We're quizzing you on May. We've got a good few chuckles here and there, and a film review, and some historical musings on advertising. In the cartoon department, we're giving the 90s a rest (who said 'finally'?), and are foraging through ancient cultures now in search of snark. Check out Art History 101, which begins this week.

So read, comment, and think about May. Write something for Create, or send us a picture, or work on that Guide Entry you've been putting off. It's all good.


And have a great week, everybody! Get out and gambol!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

EXOTIC AND WILD
  • Blue waxbill.
  • Variegated Carrion Flower.


DOMESTICATED

SIMPLY(?) EXOTIC

  • The invention of the bah relief.
  • Shadow Veins by Cactuscafe.

EXOTIC VIEWS

REALITY, SUCH AS IT IS
  • May Create.
  • Toothpaste is winning the war.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87852225

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more