Spoils of War: The Deadliest Game

0 Conversations

You remember Star Wars? Not the movie…the US government project we only wished was a movie? It was still there in 1991. We present, thanks to the Internet Archive, highlights from this awesome undertaking. We don't know if it counts as Games People Play, but we sort of suspect it might be…

The Deadliest Game

What follows is available online. For all the world to see. Just in case you were wondering where all those nuclear weapons went. Vanished in a puff of air when the Wall came down, did they?

We refuse to edit this, because we believe in the public's Right To Know, which includes the discovery that those generals WERE using Powerpoints. To plan Nuclear Stuff. This worries us because we were led to believe that Powerpoints were used to convey information to people with short attention spans. We do not want these people to have short attention spans.

This is from the US Department of Defense (DoD), and it's dated March, 1992.

Enjoy.

Evolving ballistic missile capability of world countries, 1992.Presidential statement about SDI.

Please note: This is George H.W. Bush. The Powerpoint fails to note this because, well, nobody knew that his son, George W. Bush, would someday became president, too. Some futures are unimaginable.

Diagram of national missile defense.Summary of top-level US strategy in 1991.

Do we feel safer now? Does putting it on a Powerpoint make us feel more secure? Let us hope planning has evolved since 1992.

And thanks as always to the vigilant souls who post these things on Internet Archive.

Spoils of War Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

17.08.15 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87858210

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more