The h2g2 Post 26.10.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 26th October 2015

The Witching Hour

An eerie townscape. Are you getting into the Halloween mood? Have you carved your pumpkin yet? Are the treats ready (and are they tempting you to nibble)? Do you have cider and ghost stories on hand for the festive occasion?

If you still need a good tale, we've got one for you. Check out EA Poe's 'Never Bet the Devil Your Head'. It will delight all horror fans (and pedants everywhere). Galaxy Babe is seeing things on other planets. Napoleon's seeing ghosts (and being seen). Nigel and the aliens have caused another UFO sighting, this time back in 820. In short, madness is afoot.

Willem saw bees in his backyard. Then he saw birds. He painted the amazing scene for us. Enjoy!

Those two crazy kids – okay, they're more like old goats – were hanging over the fence at the farm t'other day. Have a go at captioning them. Ponder the latest socially provocative film. Enjoy the 42 Words offerings. Try to solve the Post quiz. In short, revel in the Halloween goodies.

One more week to get your baked goods together for the Create challenge. Time to rake leaves, bob for apples, stare into the fire. Have a spooky week, and don't forget to tell us about it!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

ASTONISMENT IN THE GARDEN
  • Lesser Honeyguide by Willem.
  • Nigel and the aliens are arrested as vegetable thieves in the court of Charlemagne.

WONDERS EVERYWHERE

WITTY TYPES

  • Setting type for h2g2.
  • Two smart-aleck goats.

THE TWILIGHT ZONE

WRITING THERAPY
  • Create October Challenge: Bake-Off.
  • Pratchett DVDs.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87859831

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more