The h2g2 Post 30.11.15

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 30th November 2015

Be Thankful

Squirrel silhouetted in a winter tree. The squirrel in that tree is thankful. I know him personally, and I also know that he is thankful for three things: a large stash of nuts in a safe place, a warm nest, and another year of surviving the aggression of that nasty red squirrel, which is half his size but twice as mean.

The US and Canadian contingent are thankful for turkeys, pumpkin pies, sporting events, shopping…and the fact that it's all over for another year.

The Prof is thankful that he hasn't been gifted with a Yorkshire terrier. I, on the other hand, am grateful for my new Yorkie/Shih Tzu mix. Yes, it's a sentient dust bunny. But Lola the Shorkie's great fun to have around. The world needs more laughter, which is also the firm belief of all 4.5-pound dogs.

Many NaJoPoMo participants are probably grateful that November is over. Writing a journal every day is too much like work. But hey, we've enjoyed the products of everyone's writing energy. To prove it, here's the last crop of journal excerpts for this year. Create wishes to thank everyone, and remind you that the December Challenge starts right away. It involves caroling, so get out your scarves, hats, and songbooks.

Awix has a movie for you, Willem has an exotic (and extinct) bird, and Nigel's aliens have a mining proposition. We've also got an O Henry feature going: a short story and an essay. November has been O Henry month, and we hope you've enjoyed these classic stories from the master of surprise endings. (If you haven't read them, check the archives.)

This has been a fun, challenging writing month. Let's keep it up: remember to write Entries, share your holiday songs with Create, and send Stuff to the Post! Have a great week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

BLASTS FROM THE PAST
  • Pelagornis sandersi by Willem.
  • Sign in front of Soviet exhibition complex.

THIS 'N' THAT

GIVING THANKS

  • A Thanksgiving turkey.
  • Setting type for h2g2.

NAJOPOMO HIGHLIGHTS
  • NaJo
  • Cabbage rolls, yum.


  • NaJo
  • What might have been.


ON TO DECEMBER!
  • December 2015 Create by FWR.
  • Drama masks.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87859886

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more