Join the Q: Logo

0 Conversations

Join the Q logo.

Join the Q

This year, I have been thinking about a few different topics, and decided they might do well as a series for The Post.

Well, the main reason I thought it was a good idea to make a series for The Post is because it gave me an excuse to design myself a logo. Of course there had to be a Q in the logo, but then I had to decide what else to add to it.

I contemplated adding a photo of a sheep that I knitted, as that is my avatar on another website, but I wasn't very happy with the results from an artistic perspective, even though the logo would have incorporated quite a few of my interests that way.

Instead, I had a rummage through my photos and found a digital copy of a painting I did of a fairy. A bit of manipulation on my computer was needed, but not too much, and then I had a logo I was quite happy with. Not as stylized as it perhaps should be for a logo, it nonetheless incorporates more than one of my interests in one go.

My style of art is very much untrained, so when I draw a person without planning out the proportions first, the proportions aren't naturally correct. I am influenced a bit by Greek Vase paintings, though, so that does give my fairy drawing a more two-dimensional look, with hir face in full profile rather than at a different angle, a bit like the image on the Entry about the Minoan Civilisation.

The thing I like best about my logo is that it has a definite flavour of the logo that Freddie Mercury designed for Queen. Of course his was much better than mine, and much more ornate because as well as the Q, there were images to represent the star signs of all four members of the band, plus a crown to add to the regal look, and a phoenix at the top to balance the whole.

Anyway, I hope you like my little logo, and I'll see you again soon with the next instalment in my series.

Join the Q Archive

SashaQ

01.02.16 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87866266

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more