The h2g2 Post 15.08.16

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 15th August 2016

Summer Fruits

Raspberries in Tavaron's garden. Tavaron has raspberries in her garden. We don't have much produce, due to those evil deer, but we have hummingbirds and what one Pittsburgh lady called 'wild canaries'. Willem's transplanting with a view to antipodean spring's approach. And the Prof can't stop talking about the Yorkshire weather: he saw the sun the other day and almost fainted with surprise. Wherever you are, we hope you're enjoying August and what it brings.

You'll love Tavaron's garden report: all the beauty of flowers and none of the attendant pollen. Freewayriding has surprises in his garden, too: a startling encounter took place between Jax the Cat (who hates the Post Editor) and a somewhat naïve bird. Don't panic – the Post is nature-friendly, nothing untoward happened – just stop off and help caption the picture.

Our investigative reporters have been busy, let me tell you. In addition to FWR and Willem, the wildlife paparazzi, there's Tavaron, who sent in a visual puzzle involving her dog. Your Editor, of course, has been investigating all over the place, from online snooping on the Core Team (they will be shamed but not named, as per the terms of the Post's NDA with NPL) to the trip I took into the altered state that is Ohio.

Ah, Ohio: the state that is high in the middle and round at both ends. Ohio, where the sun shines hot on the produce and the auctioneer. Rural commerce is probably different on your continent, so you may enjoy this in-depth exposé of the wares on display in the Heartland.

To sum up: we've got beautiful pics, and our jokes are at least somewhat funny. You'll enjoy the stories, and find lots to talk about. So read and talk, already.

Is your train of thought getting sidetracked during August? You may have been reading Awix's review of yet another superhero movie and started thinking about boomerangs and/or cannibals... Good, you've got material for Create, then. Check out the challenge. Write, photograph, montage something. Send it to the Post. The lazy Editor will come back from the pool long enough to do some work, and you'll be famous before you know it. Or something like that.

Enjoy your week, and take your mobile cameras wherever you go!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

JOURNEYS END IN LOVERS' MEETINGS
  • Cape White Eye by Willem.
  • Jax the Cat inspecting a new bird.

EVERY WISE MAN'S SON DOTH KNOW

LOVE LOOKS NOT WITH THE EYES,
BUT WITH THE MIND
Flea market kitsch doth buyers plenty find.

  • Tavaron's dog hiding in the new kitchen cupboard.
  • Things that are sold in Ohio. Really, people buy this.

AS IF WE WERE GOD'S SPIES
SHOW AND TELL
  • Create August Challenge.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87874005

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more