The h2g2 Post 15.05.17

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 15th May 2017

Spring in the Air
(Just be sure you land on both feet)

DaffodilsI wandered, wrapped in scarf and coat,
Admiring, round my chilly lawn,
The freezing rain has filled the moat,
My daffodils have come and gone...



Alas, spring is a sometime thing this year. We can't complain. At least, not when we hear about the snow in Austria. . .

We hope you're faring better. If so, send pics. We like to see flowers, besides the ones we have in pots. Which we're taking out daily for air and sun, and hiding in the house from the cold night air. The calendar says 2017, but this is looking more like 1816. Phooey. Let's cheer ourselves up with some good reading. We've got lots for you this week.

Willem's got a nyala for us, and tells us how to pronounce it. We expect you to practice. If you're anywhere near Hampshire (is that a trick question?), you might want to go and look at the wonder Icy North has found for us. If not, just enjoy the photo. Either way, help caption it.

Awix has cinema, full of 'sex, violence, and Russian literature'. FWR has a new motorbike. When he's back on his feet, we're sure he'll be out on it. The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City has a glove. We want you to figure out what's special about it.

Nigel complains about politicians running up long-distance phone bills. SashaQ finds a new approach to bothering Cleverbot. I dredge up grudges from the past, from media bias in the 1850s to machine translation in the 1950s.

Rain or shine, we snark away. Read, leave more snark, plan revenge. We want suggestions for improving the world! We want your stories and drawings for those imaginary maps! Uncharted Atlas, remember? We want your photos of the unusual, such as actual flowers in actual gardens! Above all, we want you. Show and tell!

And have a great week in between the raindrops.
What the Post Editor's back garden looks like on a sunny day.


Dmitri Gheorgheni

WHERE THE DIVERS AND ANTELOPE PLAY
  • Nyala by Willem.
  • A diving suit from 1939.

DEALING WITH THE PAST

HOT TOPICS

  • FWR's bike is turning Japanese.
  • Chicago Tribune Office in 1849.

NOTES FROM EVERYWHERE
WRITE IT YOURSELF!
  • Create May Challenge 2017.
  • A question about a glove.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87886769

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more