The Post Quiz: Guess What Really Happened? Answers

0 Conversations

The first step in making a better world is getting a handle on this fake news business. Unfortunately, the real news is so weird, it's hard to tell.

Guess What Really Happened? Answers

Okay, here's what really happened. And if you're back from Alpha Centauri, we have one question: what was your hurry?

  1. The Daily Mail apologised to the wife of the US president. Yes. They had to. A court made them.
  2. The White House press secretary apologised for Hitler on Passover. No. But Mr Spicer did rename concentration camps as 'Holocaust centres'.
  3. Virgin Media accepted full blame for a glitch that kept its customers off Facebook. No. They blamed Facebook, of course.
  4. The US Secretary for Housing and Urban Development got stuck in a public housing lift, to general glee. Yes. We believe there was cheering involved.
  5. In an amazing breakthrough, scientists figured out why shoelaces come untied. Yes. How humanity has lived without this knowledge for so long, we can't imagine.
  6. Pepsico released a popular television advert that boosted sales and enhanced the lead actress's career. No. That advert put the company in the doghouse, greatly to the scorn of Twitter.
  7. United Airlines politely escorted a supernumerary passenger off a plane, apologising handsomely for the minor inconvenience. No. No and no. Videos of the protesting (and bleeding) passenger went viral within minutes, and the company's stock dropped. Lawyers will get rich.
  8. Male Australian newscasters donned ladies' blouses as part of a protest. Yes. They were showing solidarity with a female coworker who was criticised for wearing the same blouse twice in four months. To highlight the public's uneven attention to female newscasters' wardrobes, one Australian bloke wore the exact same blue suit on air for a year. Nobody noticed.
  9. Ohio, USA, prison inmates used a work programme to build their own computers and download porn. Yes. They hid the homemade computers in the ceiling. (We know you were wondering.)
  10. A bust of footballer Cristiano Ronaldo at Madeira airport was unveiled to general acclaim. No. The bust was unveiled. But it looked like this, so nobody was thrilled.

See? It pays to pay attention. Sometimes it's hard to tell the really incredible news from the really incredible news, if you get what we mean.

A round 'soccer' football with a Union Flag design and an ovoid 'American' football with a stars and stripes design.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

01.05.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87888136

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more