Post Quiz: Weird News or Fake News?

0 Conversations

Are you aware of your surroundings?

Post Quiz: Weird News or Fake News?

It's the end of the month. Time for more news-guessing. True or False?

  1. A former high-level officer of the CIA and a former US Department of Defense official have announced that 'UFOs are real'.
  2. After his trip to Japan, Donald Trump has decided to fund a programme to install koi ponds in government facilities around the US.
  3. The US State of California recently rejected a school textbook because it included the claim that US President James Buchanan was gay.
  4. Police in East Lansing, Michigan, threatened people who ended up in their jail with an unusual punishment: they would reveal Spoilers of a popular TV show.
  5. Malaysian police have confirmed the existence of a weird catlike creature with a human head that has been repeatedly sighted on Youtube.
  6. A German homeowner reported the sighting of a UXB (unexploded bomb) from World War II. It turned out to be a courgette (zucchini).
  7. A woman in Florida was arrested for Driving Under the Influence – on horseback.
  8. Australia's new broadband network became endangered when cockatoos developed a taste for the cables.
  9. A Hawaiian judge sentenced a defendant who violated a restraining order to write 144 'nice things' about his ex-girlfriend.
  10. A Utah couple reported that their dog pretended to be sick so that they would stay home with him.

Yeah, we know: it's hard to tell these days. Fear not: we have the answers. Just click on the picture.

A monkey reading a newspaper
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

27.11.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87900096

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more