Post Quiz: What Condition My Condition Is In

0 Conversations

Post Quiz: What Condition My Condition Is In

Ah, the anxieties of the modern age. Apparently, they're giving us new problems to worry about. Since the Post Editor has been laid up with the 'flu, the Post Editor has been spending way too much time on Youtube. I blame that fount of wisdom for the following quiz, in which you have to match the strange idea to its label. These are all real conditions, by the way.

  1. If you think you're allergic to your wifi, you lay claim to this condition.
  2. If you suspect time travellers, that guy from the Matrix, or the Large Hadron Collider is sneaking around retroactively changing things like the McDonald's sign, you believe in this.
  3. If you are convinced that your relatives are imposters, you suffer from this.
  4. If you're sure you're trapped in a reality show you didn't sign up for, and everyone is secretly watching you, you are demonstrating this condition.
  5. It is to be hoped that you never have this condition in which you are convinced you are already dead.
  6. Native American doctors treated this bizarre mental illness, which led patients to commit cannibalism.
  7. 'Though she feels as if she's in a play, she is, anyway,' said the Beatles. It's possible to experience this kind of detactment, where you can see yourself acting but have no control over the situation. It can cause panic attacks.
  8. Yes, it's really possible to become convinced you're Napoleon, although these days, most patients with this condition are more likely to fixate on a more modern celebrity.
  9. Ever been sure you've turned into an animal? Your friend is standing right in front of you and shaking his head, but you just know you're now a big hairy beast. If so, you've got this.
  10. Are you convinced that Donald Trump is secretly in love with you? After all, he's sending you coded messages in his tweets. You reply with love letters, and try to get close to the object of your affections. Alas, the Secret Service keeps getting in the way – and you have a serious mental illness.
  • Therianthropy.
  • Capgras Delusion.
  • Erotomania.
  • Truman Show Delusion.
  • Mandela Effect.
  • Wendigo Psychosis.
  • Cotard's Syndrome.
  • Depersonalisation.
  • Delusions of Grandeur.
  • Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity.

Click the picture for answers.

A scene from La Malade Imaginaire by Moliere depicting a king sitting on his throne while still wearing his nightshirt, despite the pleas of his servants to get dressed.
Click for answers.
Post Quiz and Oddities Archive

Dmitri Gheorgheni

07.05.18 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87909178

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more